I have been using Goodreads for years, to track what I read so I don't unintentionally pick up the same book twice or miss a book by an author I love. I also use its reviews in three main ways: I search two-star reviews to see if the things they find annoying about a book are the same things I'm likely to, I look up how people feel about the audio performance so I better know which format to go with, and for some books I try to determine whether there is a romantic subplot which is likely to annoy me. I just figured out how to add an additional feature I had been missing: a "shelf" for "do not want to read." Basically a way to mark that yep, lots of people recommend this one, but I already checked it out and NOPE. Timesaver!
No comments:
Post a Comment